Protest Choir Project
Protest Choir Project is looking for members for the coming season! Everyone of all types and stripes is welcome to join our Monday Inclusive Choir Class at Make Shift Boston from 7:30-9pm. All those who are Queer, Trans, and/or PoC, come on over to the Arts at the Armory and magnify your voices from 4:30-6pm on Sundays too! We’ll continue learning how to be loud and proud without hurting ourselves in the process. Both choir classes will include a 30 min Experiential Anatomy Workshop, a 30 min Vocal Workout, and 30 minutes of singing Social Justice Songs.
Group voice lessons + social justice songs + slightly rowdy choir = Protest Choir Project. Sliding Scale $5-$30/class. Email us on the WholeTone contact page for more info – be sure to include “Protest Choir” in the subject line!
WholeTone Opera seeks to highlight female, femme, and non-binary composers and artists. We hope to join forces with other local opera companies in the process of revitalizing Boston’s opera community, offering alternative productions with fresh, gripping performances. We rehearse and perform in Somerville at WholeTone Studios near Davis Square. WTO was founded by WholeTone Music Academy’s Nora Maynard in 2015. Mariia and Von, WTMA teachers, also work at WTO. Check out WholeTone Opera here!
Make Shift Boston
Make Shift Boston is a collectively-run co-working, events and community meeting space striving to offer Greater Boston an affordable place to be, a safe space to organize, and a sanctuary space for LGBTQ people, People of Color, Immigrants, and persons with disabilities. As artists and creatives committed to social justice, we live in radical, loving opposition and resistance to the forces that dehumanize us all. Learn more about Make Shift Boston here!
- Offering our creativity and solidarity towards a better world for all people
- Valuing one another’s lived experiences, recognizing our privilege, working for just and fair relationships with each other and with our communities
- Consideration and care for each other as people and as workers and artists
- Open and respectful lines of communication
- Encouraging collaboration among members
- Being an active and contributing member of the South End community
- Creating a safe and welcoming space for people of all races, classes, faiths, genders, sexualities, abilities, and places of origin.
- Respect for our members’ well-being and health
- Respect for our environment in the immediate, local, and global sense
- Not taking ourselves too seriously
In a time when American ideals are epitomized by nationalism and aggression, VOICES 21C aligns itself with the great American voices of compassion, love, and non-violence. The musicians of VOICES 21C engage in an interdisciplinary artistic expression, including spoken word, creative movement and body imagery, traditional Western classical music, non-traditional world song, and improvisation.
Located in Waltham, Hawthorne Bows makes the finest artistic bows for violin, viola, and cello. They provide many services, including advanced repair and restoration. For more information, please visit Hawthorne Bows. WTMA teacher, Mariia, works there! Her specialty is making Baroque bows.